Saturday, July 5, 2014

Operation Write Home 4th of July Virtual Card Making Party 2014





  vcmpgraphic
Welcome to the next challenge in the Operation Write Home 4th of July Virtual Card Making Party 2014.  It's Christmas in July, and our theme for this segment of the party is a Red, White & Blue Christmas.  We are aiming for a little earlier deadline for Christmas cards this year at OWH, so now is a good time to "get going" on them.
I wanted to make a card using the little guy above, but could not get it to print, (he came out looking like my printer is almost out of ink & it isn't) so, if anyone would like to give it a try, and use him in a card, I would love to see it and have included the link where to get him.

Here are a few of the cards I've made

Digi-stamp by Dover Publication colored with Copic Markers
other stamps used (holly & sentiment) are by Lawn Fawn and I used a touch of Glossy Accents 

Paper Piecing using (retired) stamps and dies by Stampin' Up, The branch is an Impression Obsession die & the embossing folder is by The Paper Studio

Simple Stamping with wet, & a small touch of dry embossing



Sizzix embossing folder, various punches and dies used

Using up some scraps

One last thing before you go get to work on this challenge, inquiring minds want to know, so please comment below & tell me....
when you make a card for someone, do you make it to reflect the recipient's personality or your own personality?

I'm looking so forward to seeing what you create for our Red, White & Blue Christmas challenge. 

An InLinkz Link-up

And if you are just joining in the party now, HERE is the link to the master list at Operation Write Home so you can go check out all the other great challenges going on this weekend.

16 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Clean and simple and lovely. I wasn't sure who a red white & blue Christmas would look and then BLAM, it's gorgeous. Thanks for a brain exercising challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I make a card for someone I know it's a mix. The kind of relationship we have can "color" the card. A card for a zoo co-worker which is often task oriented, but always filled with fun and humor, would be much different from one of my church family friends who is "prim" and "proper" and does not appreciate humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards you've displayed here are terrific... I really like each of them. Having just begun making cards in the past few months I have not attempted a Christmas card yet, so a red, white, and blue theme for OWH is a going to be a fun challenge to begin with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are wonderful! I never would have thought about using red, white and blue for Christmas, but it totally works. I can't wait to try this after I finish a couple other challenges. Thanks for thinking outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your Red, White & Blue Christmas Cards!! And what a fun Challenge! I don't have a favorite one, I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and unique challenge this is Tami and so many beautiful cards to inspire everyone too! I usually make cards with the recipient in mind or at least in the case of OWH a general category... teen boy, younger girl etc. I know I'm going to be limited as to how many challenges I can do this weekend but I sure hope I can figure out something for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there my sweet friend!!! Hope all is well with you!
    LOVE your beautiful cards!!!
    AWESOME job with the red, white and blue!
    Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow -- some amazing cards here! When I make a card for someone I try to go with things I know they would like. Sometimes I make a card for my DT and then realize it is perfect for a certain someone. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks very much for hosting this challenge. Your cards are wonderful and a great inspiration.

    sf_crafter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never would have thought of a red, white, and blue Christmas challenge.... but so glad you did! Thanks for hosting a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always try to reflect the recipient's personality. It's fun to design a card that I hope they will love as much as I loved making it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are beautiful! I guess red, white, and blue are all colors we use at Christmas, but just not usually together. But, I like it!

    When I make cards, I try to make it special for the recipient. Sometimes I do make cards ahead of time and leave the sentiment blank and maybe an embellishment or two missing, so I can personalize them when I need the card for someone at the last minute.

    Thank you for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Christmas cards! I'm not quite ready to do Christmas yet, but probably will start either later this month or next. Thanks for the inspiration for doing red, white, & blue cards, though!

    When I make cards for others, I do try to make it apropos to them, but I also make it something that interests me. Either the technique, the look, or something else. I figure, if I don't enjoy making it, that will probably show, & the recipient might not enjoy the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this great c
    hallenge. Your cards are wonderful. I love the patriotic Santa so of course I had to use him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to say that your theme was a challenge but a great one! I am super happy with the results and it seems like many others did well with it also. I make cards for the recipient(s).= and like to mix things up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful example cards. I've never made a Red, White and Blue Christmas Card before.Thank you for the challenge

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!