Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can I come sleep over at your house --

Cause I don't want to sleep in the doghouse tonight!

I was so bad today.  I went to a Stamp/ Scrap Art Tour show in Columbia, SC and had a blast, but I did way too much damage too.  I was kidding about having to sleep in the doghouse because my sweet hubby doesn't say a word about my buying craft supplies, but the guilt when I go overboard like today is what eats me up, (at least until I start playing with all my new stuff.) 
My haul for today
I got a friend of mine to go with me to the show and as soon as we walk up to the doors to go in, she recognizes a lady who lives just down the street from her, Carol was the lady's name.  Well Carol is a card-maker too, and she expressed just what I've been whining about for a year and half now, "There is no one around me that makes cards or at least I can't find them if they're out there," and here we are in the same town!  She gave me her blog name and I'm going to check it out as soon as I finish this post.  I'm so excited to find a fellow card-maker right here in Aiken and get this, this is the second one in 2 weeks!  So my wish of finding some local craft buddies may be finally coming true at long last, plus, I am in the beginning stages of starting a new card-making/paper crafting group at my church.  More about that later.

I haven't been on here in a while but I have been crafting.  If you can stick with this post (it's gonna be a little bit long 'cause I've got a lot of lost time to make up for) but if you can stick with it, I need some input on a project below.  We'll get to that in a minute.  
Here we go.
vinyl on glass wall hanging for my daughter (an idea she found on Pinterest--go figure)
Yarn wreath I saw on Pinterest, but I made mine small so it can be a candle ring
*What I can't decide is whether to put tiny flowers in it or small Easter Eggs, or both.  What do you think?

Of course I've been making cards, below are just a few.  I've actually been working on a special project that I'll tell you about later because it deserves a special post of it's own.  It has to do with a horrible tragedy that struck our little town and about our community showing appreciation to our public safety department employees.

(Waiting for some bronze brads to finish embellishing these two.)


I made several Valentine's cards but who wants to see those now- (nobody.)  I just wanted to show this one because it uses a digi I got from Cre8tive Hands.  She puts out some really cute free digis.  Check her out.

Birthday card for one of the nephews (the only little one left in the family.)  I think this penguin is "Dexter" by Bugaboo if you know or if I"m wrong please tell me.  
I CAN NOT wait to show you some of the things I got today in more detail- that is if you want to see them.  I'll be posting them over the next couple of days.  I got some new "things" to try out which always excites me, so I hope you'll come back soon.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 
Wishing you 
Sunshine and Smiles
Love and Laughter

6 comments:

  1. Great haul! I would put easter eggs on the wreath. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Easter eggs too! I really like the cards in this post. I LOVE that quote about dancing in the rain! I fell in love with it as I used to work with some drama queens lol. It's been in a list of quotes on my Blog since I started it.
    Carole
    http://scmagnolia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Easter eggs in the wreath - I wouldn't let a candle near that yarn! Both projects are really great! Love the vinyl on glass.

    I wish I could find someone in my town, too. And, as many people as I mention it to, and they remark how much they'd love to do it, every time I try to set it up, it's like they head for the hills. I always say, just come and play - I have everything we need. Maybe I should charge a cover charge? he he he!

    Nice haul. I just bought a box full of baby roses! Great deal at an online company. Like baby prima's only better because I bought 144 & 124 (1/2" and 3/4") for around 6 bucks a package! I have to get in gear now! And, you know I couldn't buy just one color! And, I have to go back again!!! I deal with the guilt too! he he he!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Look at all that yummy stuff!! I am just picture all the beautiful creations that will come out of it all!!

    I wish I had someone to go shopping with! My best friend here went to the CKC convention with me last year...had ever intention of beginning to craft with me and is too busy :(
    Plus I think she just went because I asked her to!

    You have been busy creating lots of great things!! Love the wreath...so have this on my list for a easter project! I think it would look great with either eggs or flowers! I have a hard time getting those flowers to look so good on a project...guess I will keep working at it :)

    So awesome to have a crafty buddy close by now..I have come in contact with 2 here in Buffalo and hope to catch up with them soon...maybe at the next CKC convention!

    Well have a great night...thanks for sharing your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL projects. I can totally see little easter eggs in that green wreath! SO cute! And your cards are always beautiful!!!! Hugs- Glora

    Oh yes and my hubby never complains about my crafting spending either but I start to feel a little guilty. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tami. Looks like you hit the jackpot on the goodies. Your cards and projects are wonderful. You've been very busy. Hugs, Tami

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!