Monday, November 1, 2010

November is here!

Today has been an absolutely beautiful fall day following an absolutely wonderful weekend.  Great day at church yesterday & the fall festival last night was fantastic.  I don't know who had more fun, the kids or the adults.
I'm so ready for the holidays!  Took down all the Halloween decorations, put up a few Thanksgiving ones, but really had to fight the urge to start decorating for Christmas, (oooooo, I hear moans from those who hate Christmas "stuff" being out so early.)   Anyway, thought I'd make a few cards for some friends who've been down lately & decided to go with a fall theme.  My cards still seem so plain, but I'm just too darn chicken to try my hand at doodling or stitches yet.  (Still a little too much of a "greenhorn" right now!)   Speaking of being a greenhorn, Lord, I hope I can remember, or at least figure out, how to post the pics, since J. is @ football practice.


 Stitches sure would look good on this one- do I dare try?  
Guess if I mess it up I can always just make another.
                                                                             

Oops, I forgot to rotate this one.  (Haven't decided on the sentiment yet.)

1 comment:

  1. These cards are lovely. Could you tell me about the plaid paper you used? I like it very much. As far as stitching goes - I don't do it much but I really like the effect. Just practice with some scraps until you are more confident.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!