Thursday, June 30, 2011

Red, White & Blue- Again

There is a story behind this card, (isn't there always?)
This digi image is by Bugaboo and this exact very one was one of the first digis I ever downloaded and colored. Well, being a newbie to the world of digis I made lots of mistakes, one of the main ones being I printed the image too big, so after I colored it I just threw it in a box (which I now use to keep all my stamped images) and forgot about it. I don't DO challenges very often and I've never entered one at Bugaboo, but since I'm on a roll this week with challenges I thought I'd go ahead & enter over there too. The card I posted a couple of days ago would have been a better choice, but it didn't have ribbon on it, so of course I had to make another and what do you think was waiting on me in my digi box when I went to pull one out? Yep....
So, it's only appropriate that I use my first Bugaboo image on my first Bugaboo challenge. End of story.

Digi by Bugaboo Stamps
Sentiment by Hero Arts
Ladybug button (?Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby?)
Ribbon & Paper from my stash
"Swiss Dots" Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
P.S. Like I said, I printed the image way too big, so this is a 5x7 card.

8 comments:

  1. Love it Tami!! I remember downloading this image also and doing exactly the same thing...printing it way to big :)
    Mine was not colored very well at all so it went in the scrap pile.... but yours is colored excellently!!
    Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is SO cute!! :) I love, love, LOVE the ladybugs!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tami, this is perfect! I love the circles in the background and the thinner and thicker ribbon. What fun embelishments. And sometimes it is nice to have a bigger card to write a longer note in. Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable, Tami! You did a fantastic job coloring! I've been a bit intimidated to try digi stamps because I don't think I could color them very well...you did an excellent job! Love the ladybugs!! :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just lost everything I wrote on your blog. Let's try again. I don't remember my first Bugaboo image or challenge. But now that it is a year later, I'm still loving them and Jodie continues to make them fun and fresh. Your card also qualifies at CDAC and PCP...check the blog at Bugaboo Blog to get the link. You have embossing on your card which qualifies and even more chances to win. Love your card, I also bought that image and made several different cards with it and placed in challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your Ladybugs card. Ladybugs are good luck.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, and awesome coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug!
    hugs Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! And such a shame the poor thing was almost lost in a box.

    Sharyn
    sharynscreations.blogspot.com
    sharynknox @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!