Saturday, October 15, 2011

Reunited

I realized recently how much I have neglected my Cricut so I decided I've got to get back to using it more and so I have.  Besides making simple little treat boxes for this year's trick or treaters, (see previous post) Emma's My Creative Time Throwback Thursday Challenge this week was just the thing to get me going. 
The challenge is to use the card feature from any cartridge and to make it a Halloween card.  Easy enough.  I found a cute Halloween card on the Wild Card cartridge, not very imaginative I know but hey..... I didn't totally take the easy way out.  I didn't like the face the pumpkin from the Wild Card cut had so I substituted the face from the pumpkin on Gypsy Wanderings.  Here's the card with the new face.
New Face
Original Face
Because this is a cut-away card, it makes the inside a little awkward, but I remedied that by putting a spot for a gift card right behind the pumpkin and I'll be using a metallic gold pen when I sign it and that ties in nicely with the little stars. 
I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and I hope even more that you'll come again soon.  

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic halloween card. The new face is so much better.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I agree the new face is so adorable!! Good luck with that challenge! I am working on mine now :)
    You know this and beat me to it but I have an award for you on my blog :)
    Have a great rest of your night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great card, Tami. Love the new face!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The face is way better! Nice job :)

    Cassandra
    www.Ctimz3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl! I love your pumpkin card. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are AWESOME. That new face is about a MILLION times cuter. What an awesome idea. This turned out TERRIFIC and I LOVE that you are going to add a gift card to the back. SO cute!!! I'm SO glad you got a chance to play along in Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Card. Thank you so much for playing with us over at My Creative Time’s Throwback Thursday Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ingenious! I have the Wild Card....HAD to have it and never used it...you've inspired me again.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!