Monday, February 28, 2011

Do you like to make cards? Do you LOVE to make cards?

Last week I became aware of something that has gotten me soooo excited!  I really love to make cards, but I'm the type that needs a reason/purpose to make them.  I'm not real crazy about entering challenges, so that doesn't motivate me, but now I have found my "purpose".   Some of you are probably already aware of Operation Write Home (I'm always one of the last to know things.)   For those of you like me who haven't heard of it:  OWH is an organization that collects handmade cards to send to our troops so they in turn can use them to write their loved ones back home.  You can make cards for the soldiers as well.  One of the most touching things I read about this is that any card you make has the potential to be a treasured keepsake for someone, maybe for years to come.  Everyone who has had someone far away from you can relate to this.  Especially with today's emails & Skype, a card with your loved one's own handwriting that can be looked at & held close to the heart is something special.
With that said.... I am making cards like a crazy woman every chance I get.  These are just a few of the first ones I did.  I'm trying to pick a topic/theme and go with that for each day.  I think I ended up with 2 or 3 of each of these T.O.Y. cards shown, and just as a sidenote, I'm trying to stay away from the ribbons.  I'm afraid they might be too bulky & not do too well in shipping.   More to come later.............
Make it a good day for someone & it'll come back to you.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome, and these are so beautiful too. They will love them! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tami, Your cards are gorgeous! You did an awesome job!!! Yes I LOVE MAKING CARDS, it makes me so happy to create something that will make someone smile! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your super sweet comment :0). I hope you have a blessed day!
    Hugs, Carol L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, and I know they will be appreciated! My husband's brother was killed in Iraq, and each and every thing they got from him is beyond special to their family. These cards could end up meaning so much more than you could ever imagine to someone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards girl. Also thanks for letting me know about winning . I didn't know. YOu are a great source of information hugss Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful. I feel the same as you. I need a reason when I am making cards. Plus, I like them to be some what personalized for the people I am giving them too. Awesome cards for a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tami, you did an awesome job on these cards!! I am just starting to make some for OWH too, and I've been stumped about what to make -- I hadn't really thought about anyone treasuring them -- Thanks so much for making that point!! :)

    I also wanted to tell you THANKS for being a FABULOUS FOLLOWER at www.lovetocrop.com!! Your comment really encouraged me today!! Ya know what they say -- "GO BIG or go home"!! :D Thanks for the support!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    scrapbookingwithamy (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT cards!! OWH is a GREAT organization and it is wonderful to see someone else who knows about it. :) I have sent ALOT of cards and DO agree.. you " make it a good day for someone and it will come back to you".. Thank you for being so kind. :) I do appreciate it. Thank you for the comment on my blog and for keeping Aidan and his family in your thoughts and prayers. :) Your kindness doesn't go unseen.

    BIG hugs..
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!