Monday, May 16, 2011

What a week!

What a week I had last week!  After almost a year and a half of "retirement" I started back to work on Monday.  It's just a little part time job, (I don't think I would have taken it if it weren't) but it's perfect and I was kind of excited when a friend (and former co-worker) called and asked me if I would be interested in a position his brother needed to fill.  On top of going back to work my baby girl graduated college on Wednesday and at the celebration dinner the love of her life proposed.   It was so sweet!  (And luckily not a surprise for me and her daddy, but boy, it was for her.)   Had a relatively quiet weekend after my parents left to go back home and then this morning I got to work and found that the office had been broken into.  A nice big brick thru the glass door.  Since we just opened the office last week there was really nothing for them to take except an old computer which they left alone.  Thank goodness the new one hasn't been delivered yet. The door was made of double plate tempered glass and it shattered into a bazillion pieces.  Talk about a mess!  I think I will be finding little specks of glass for the next month.

I needed a craft break after all this and lately the only cards I've been making have been for OWH, so I decided to do a real quickie that I could enter in a couple of challenges just to do something different.  Gasp!  Yes, I'm going to enter a challenge.   This is going to pull double duty for the Peachy Keen Sketch Challenge #51 and I think it will qualify for Emma's Throwback Thursday challenge too, (gotta check on that one.)  If I'm going to enter challenges in the future I really should give them a little more thought I guess, but like I said I just decided on the spur of the moment to do something out of the ordinary for me.
The ice cream was cut from Doodlecharms and I used an Action Wobble to pop it up & make it dance.  I have got to get some more PK face stamps.  I never have the ones I want in the sizes I want/need. 

I missed last week's Tips for Tami Tuesday but hopefully will get it up tomorrow.  The topic will be STORAGE!  If you have any clever storage ideas please be sure & drop back by to share them with me.  I was very happy with the response to the last Tips post and appreciate all of you who shared comments and ideas with me.  My next Tuesday Tips may actually be a tip FROM me for a change.  Several people asked about how I made the Mickey Mouse Heads embossing folder, (they may have just been asking to be kind) but anyway, I may try to make a tutorial on this.  Hmmm, we'll see.

Take care!

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet card. I think that face is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card. I love it
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so super duper cute!! I just love the face!!!
    TFS and I do have a storage tip for you! I will come back tomorrow and share :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been busy. Congratulations on your new job and your daughter's engagement too. I absolutely LOVE this card. It is ADORABLE!!!! I think that face is just right for it and I can just see it wobbling too! Amazing job as always! And yes, I would love to see how you did your Mickey embossing folder. I wasn't just being nice. Like I've said I've been planning on making one for a while, just haven't gotten around to it and I wouldn't mind any advice you may have since yours turned out perfect! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable ice cream cone!! The colors and embellies are just perfect!! Thanks for playing along with us at Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an adorable card! Great colors, layout, everything is just perfect! Thanks for joining the PK challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card! Certainly makes me smile!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with pat this card really is adorable and it certainly made me smile. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!