Sunday, July 17, 2011

Glitter Geeks Challenge #6 Under the Sea

Ava Mermaid was one of the first digis I ever purchased and colored.  I fell in love with her and actually went out and bought the chunky glitter I used for her tail just for that purpose.   Confession time....I grew up in Florida and when I was in 2nd grade I was obsessed with mermaids.  I was so obsessed with them that I wanted to BE one when I grew up!   There was a real place (that's no longer open) that had an underwater show of "live Mermaids" and they were beautiful, especially the star mermaid.  She had the longest and most glittery tail of all the mermaids.  But I digress, as usual.  As soon as I bought Eva I colored and glittered several copies of her & then I didn't know what to make with them, so in my box of digi stamps they went.   Luckily I was on someone's blog last week (sorry whoever you are, I can't remember but I wish I could so I could give you a shout out) and they mentioned Glitter Geeks so I decided to check them out & lo, and behold they were having a challenge- the theme, Under the Sea.  Yay!

*Eva Mermaid is from the Eva and Deacon line by Bugaboo stamps.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you pulled her out and colored her up...she's beautiful. And your digression into childhood was really fun (I actually saw a tv show on a place just like you were talking about:)! I love the glitter on her tail and the sea grass. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week and hope to see you again.
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I LOVED that story. I bet that was SO fun to watch the mermaids. Your card is ADORABLE!!!! And that glitter is perfect! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's sooo cute, Tami, and so is your story about mermaids! I know exactly what that kind of obsession is like because I had one for horses when I was about that same age. Must be a girl thing! I'm glad you finally had an idea to use this little cutie because this card is awesome! I have several digis that I haven't even colored yet, mostly from my teamies at The Outlawz, but I'll get to them one of these days! LOL! I hope to see you participating in the challenges over there so I can give ya some love!

    Hugs,
    Anniebee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo ADORABLE!I love the sweet image and your coloring is AMAZING,BEAUTIFUL job!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS (YES, I AM YELLING!!), this is like a story from my own childhood and I remember a place that had Mermaid shows too!!!!!!! I used to BEG to go there (my brother tried to tell me that they were FAKE and I would tell him that THEY WERE NOT FAKE!! and then he would try to tell me other horrible stories, but he was WRONG!!) Girl... Tell me we lived down the block from each other or somethin'!! Do you remember seeing 'Splash' for the first time??? I used to be able to recite that movie... It was like a dream (I probably didn't understand MOST of it, but I knew she was a mermaid in the water and had legs when she wasn't so there was HOPE for me!!)... Alright, I'm RAMBLING now... See why I can't spend too much time here???

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your mermaid. You did a fantastic job coloring it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!